Saturday 13 January 2007

STEIN family

Descendants of Hans Heinrich Stein and Catharina Dorothea Henrika Reimers are also sought.

Hans Heinrich was born in 1813 Oldeloe, Schleswig-Holstein, Prussia and Catharina Reimers was born in 1824 Teltow, Mecklenberg, Germany. They both arrived in 1849 and I suspect that Hans Heinrich was engaged to Catharina prior to migration for two reasons - 1) he came as Hans Heinrich Reimers and 2) they married shortly after arrival in Adelaide.

They had five children:-

Carl Gustave Johann Stein 1849-1850
Cartharina Dorothea Wilhelmine Stein 1851-? married Johann Wilhelm Jacobsen
Anna Catharina Maria Stein 1853-1926 married Carl Ernest Albert Gehrike
Johann Heinrich Wilhelm Stein 1854-?
Dietrich Adolph Stein 1856-1934 married Josepha Maria Braendler

I have been told that Hans Heinrich was the son of Jurgen Steen and Catharina Magdalina Hartz but have not been able to confirm this. Looking for descendants and ancestors.

3 comments:

Farf said...

Hello Julz
I'm writing a book about the Stehn/Steen/Stein family. I think your Hans Heinrich Stein is the older brother of Johann Diedrich Stehn who migrated to Australia with wife and 3 children in 1858. I had wondered why, having arrived in Victoria, they came immediately to Red Creek in the Adelaide Hills. I've now found that Hans Heinrich Stein had land there. I know that Hans Heinrich had migrated to Australia before 1857 as it says so on his father's death certificate in 1857. I went to Germany last year and found a few pieces of the family puzzle. Do you have birth and or death records for any of the five children?
I'd love to hear from you.
Jennifer

Unknown said...

ellolyn09@hotmail.com. stein family

Unknown said...

ellolyn09@hotmail.com. stein family